UO AIAS "Reverse-Crit" event: RB's 33 East Broadway wins Best Overall Design award
This past Monday, five AIA-SWO architecture firms presented "on the board" projects for the 2016 "Reverse Crit" (Professional Pin-Up) at Lawrence Hall on the University of Oregon campus. A popular, annual event, jointly coordinated by members of the AIA-SWO Chapter and the UO American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS), gives UO architecture students the opportunity to "reverse the table" on AIA-SWO professionals and comment on real-world projects. At the end of the event, projects were awarded by student ballot. Rowell Brokaw's 33 East Broadway won two awards for most creative use of materials and best overall design.
The AIA-SWO firms who participated this year projects were:
- Pivot Architecture / Provo-Orem BRT
- Rowell Brokaw Architects / 33 East Broadway
- Robertson Sherwood Architects / Roosevelt Middle School
- Chuck Bailey Architect / Ninkasi Administration Building
- Will Dixon Architects / Black Apron Bistro