Refreshed Columbia Hall Classroom prepares for return of students
The 5,500 sf , 450+ seat Columbia 150 Lecture Hall renovation project is finishing up this month to welcome students Winter term. The main use of the refreshed classroom is for the sciences, with space available for all disciplines and evening events when possible.
Highlights of the Rowell Brokaw designed renovation include:
- New seating with a revised layout that provides easier student and instructor access to all seating areas to allow more interaction.
- Significant accessibility upgrades throughout.
- New interior finishes including custom colored glass marker boards lining the walls for small group breakout exercises and new custom aluminum Periodic Table of the Elements.
- Dramatic new ceiling clouds with energy efficient LED lighting.
- Upgraded audio visual and broadcasting systems.
Special thanks to: Fortis Construction, Delta AV, L&M Industrial Fabrication, General Sheet Metal, JKG Electric, Legend Custom Woodworking, Green Man Construction, GCI Commercial Painters, Snap-Tex, Performance Contracting, Mac Gro.