Northwest Community Credit Union: Groundbreaking Ceremony
On June 17th, Northwest Community Credit Union held a groundbreaking ceremony at the building site located next to the Federal Courthouse on 8th and Ferry Street. It was a great turnout and celebrated a new 67,000 sf support center facility located in the Courthouse District in downtown Eugene. Northwest Community Credit Union's new headquarters will provide convenient downtown access to members and support growth. Situated between the Federal Courthouse and EWEB property, the Support Center project contributes to the redevelopment of the Courthouse District and helps to reconnect the downtown core with the riverfront.
Current features of the new facility include:
- 68,000 sf, 4-story building with underground parking, rooftop terrace, three-story day lit interior atrium, and a full-service financial branch.
- Multi-lane drive-thru and potential for bike-thru banking (pending approval) .
- Bring Northwest Community's 150-member workforce into downtown Eugene, with capacity to expand to more than 300 employees.
- Pursuing LEED Silver certification. Green building design elements include day lit office environment, high-efficiency building systems, support for alternative transportation, and storm water bio swales.
- A ground-floor community meeting room with adjacent courtyard patio and full A/V plus ground-level retail space for lease along 8th Avenue.
This project includes the following team members:
Andersen Construction (contractor); Rowell Brokaw (architect); deChase Development (project management); Catena Consulting Engineers (structural); KPFF Consulting Engineers (civil); Cameron McCarthy (landscape architect); FM Sheet Metal (mechanical designbuild); Twin Rivers Plumbing (plumbing designbuild); Cherry City Electric (electrical designbuild); Omlid & Swinney Fire Protection (fire sprinkler designbuild).