Last week over 30 members of the Cascadia Green Building Council Eugene Chapter toured the Northwest Community Credit Union Support Center project currently under construction in downtown Eugene next to the Federal Courthouse.
The NWCU project team, led by Project Architect, Austin Bailey, presented the LEED-related strategies guiding the project. These strategies were developed out of several client/owner meetings that addressed what is best for the long-term life of the building while always being fiscally responsible to the NWCU members.
- Infiltration and Filtration planters treat 100% of stormwater on site.
- Reduce automobile parking on site. Alternative forms of commuting encouraged with extensive bike parking and a bike-up/walk-up teller lane.
- Innovative HVAC system (VRF) that redistributes excess heat throughout the building.
- Shallow office bays and daylit atrium core pulls light deep into the building.
- Rooftop terrace/greenroof with views to the city, river and hills.
- Photovoltaic array on Atrium shed roof will be visible from surrounding neighborhood.
Anticipated completion date is December 2014.